- Our Strategy
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Wednesday, 01 April 2015 | Submitted by Neil McCallumMay 19 2015 - 9:00amMay 20 2015 - 4:00pmCanada/Mountain
A Two-Day Workshop for Leaders within Alberta’s Energy System
This workshop is run in conjunction with the
- Explore the energy system that the future requires of us and the risks, challenges and opportunities of transitioning to that future with a diverse mix of individuals representing businesses, NGOs, and governments actively working in this area, including representative of the convening organizations of the Energy Futures Lab;
- Tuesday, 27 January 2015 | Submitted by Neil McCallumMay 1 2015 - 8:30amMay 3 2015 - 5:00pmEtc/GMT-5
Developing youth sustainability leaders of today and tomorrow
Young people care deeply about the fate of the planet, its people, and their future. Given the opportunity, youth have great power to influence positive change in their communities. The IMPACT! Sustainability Champions Training program is a call to passionate, motivated youth who are looking for an opportunity to make a difference.
In partnership with many organizations, The Co-operators and The Natural Step Canada are collaboratively offering the IMPACT! Sustainability Champions Training across Canada.
- Monday, 15 December 2014 | Submitted by Neil McCallum
We are glad to announce that our world-class Distance Course "Introduction to Strategic Sustainable Development" has applications open. Now more than ever it seems essential that in our education and career we step up to understand the complexity of the sustainability challenge and that we find ways to concretely work on solutions, based on a solid, science-based approach. No matter the sector, region of the world, or stage of career in this journey, it seems that a capacity to handle complexity, create positive visions of the future, and work across sectors is a crucial competence to have.
Our distance course has been built with the explicit aim to address these challenges and equip you with relevant knowledge and competence, for the sake of advancing society towards sustainability.
- Wednesday, 19 November 2014 | Submitted by Neil McCallum
The article Sustainability – Announcing the Future-Fit Business Benchmark written by Bob Willard, a long serving board member of The Natural Step Canada, was originally published on sustainabilityadvantage.com. The Future-Fit Business Benchmark is a project that is co-led by The Natural Step Canada and 3D Investment Foundation.
Ta-dah! As promised in my last blog, Public Draft 1.0 of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark is now available for use and feedback. This free, open-source resource defines science-based, aspirational, sustainability goals for a company that desires to be fit for the future on a scarcer, more crowded, and hotter planet. We invite your feedback on the goals and your ideas on appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) by which to assess progress toward each goal.